Welcome to tushie
By the end of today close to 1 million single-use nappies will have been disposed of in New Zealand alone.
As a New Zealand small business based in the coastal town of Whangarei Heads, we are grateful to call the ocean our home and are driven to be more conscious of our impact on the planet.
Tushie was founded to provide New Zealanders with better access to premium reusable products and with the intention of normalising cloth nappies as part of modern parenting.
We take pride in sourcing premium reusable essentials that can be loved, well-used and passed on for others to enjoy, and choose to partner with brands that are innovative, use superior materials, and have ethical manufacturing at heart. Choosing products that we frequently use in our own daily life.
We are passionate about reusable nappy education and frequently share tips and tricks for integrating reusable nappies into a busy, modern routine. Please feel free to join us on Instagram and don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way - simply DM us, we love to chat!
We look forward to continuing this journey with you, bringing the best in reusable essentials and together, treading a little lighter.
Alana and Adam
Sustainability within our business
We are committed to sustainability in all areas of our business and draw on this ethos with each and every decision we make now, and in the future.
- We aim for all our packaging materials to be biodegradable and either curb-side recyclable or home compostable.
- All packages are shipped in either post consumer cardboard, 100% recycled cardboard boxes, 100% recycled paper mailers or home compostable mailers.
- Our home compostable mailers have an extra sticky tab so they can also be reused once again. You can also repurpose them as weed matting, seedling pots or food waste bags.
- We use kraft paper based tape or biodegradable PLA tape to secure boxes
- Our paper stickers are FSC Certified, acid-free and printed with soy-based inks
- Items are wrapped in 100% recycled paper, you can pop this in your compost, garden, or reuse.
- We sometimes use hemp cord, you can reuse this, pop in your compost or use in the garden to tie veges.
- We use recycled card for any shipping cards and we are mindful of sizing to reduce paper use.
- We are working towards integrating biodegradable shipping labels into our packaging.
Click here to see Tui Gardens guide to composting
Click here to see WasteMINZ list of comercial composting facilities for compostable mailers
If you have any feedback, questions, or suggestions please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find us on Instagram or Messenger